How could I not share? You guys could use a LOL too, right?
* Banned commercial that will NOT be aired during Super Bowl:
Satire, people. JesusHatesObama.com is doing it right.
* Joan Rivers made a funny at the expense of a black woman (RACIST!), a black woman named Michelle Obama (ruh-roh):
"We used to have Jackie O, but now we have Blackie O!"
She thought the line was "an adorable joke....a compliment." Yet, she ditched it because she feared she'd be labeled a racist. Couldn't have that. Joan is a comedienne, a jokester gosh darn it, and it's her pass, even when offensive, right?
It was a JOKE! It's ADORABLE! It's a COMPLIMENT!
This from the same woman who called out Sarah Palin for being a) a Nazi, b) a threat, and c) stupid. Then she trashed Bristol Palin for good measure.
Oh Joan, now that's funny!
* From the Daily Mail (they print the stuff the MSM is told not to):
Hawaii Governor say Obama's birth record "exists" but can't produce it
Last week there was the "we have it, but you can't see it" then on to the "um, we can't find it, so no one can see it" ending with the above "it exists but we can't produce it so you can't see it."
Sunday brought us this headline:
Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth record
Well then, that settles it. Hawaii law bars the release so you can't see it.
Regardless if you are a birther or not, something smells like a two day old leftover luau pig. What's the dealio? Why not release it and quash the hubbub, bub?
* Olbermann FIRED
Yes, TMZ is reputable. I will go even further and say they report more truth than the MSM.
Some days you get handed a surprise that makes you squeal in delight. Or not. I have so little respect for the man, that his exit means little to me, but I know that many are thrilled.
For me it's a bit of Olbermann schadenfreude.
I have already prayed for forgiveness...mostly.
* Finally, this little-reported gem gave me a smile:
Ron Paul Takes Second in Straw Poll
I know plenty of folks took a second take when they saw his name in the runner-up slot. That alone made me laugh, because for so many years he has been the looked-over Congressman in Texas. Many thought his ideas were great but, come on, they'd never take center stage in Washington; he was our ideals guy, but not a serious contender for the presidency.
Well, that just changed, didn't it?!
What of his voting record?
Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record:
- He has never voted to raise taxes.
- He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
- He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
- He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
- He has never taken a government-paid junket.
- He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
- He voted against the Patriot Act.
- He voted against regulating the Internet.
- He voted against the Iraq war.
- He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
- He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.
I know Washington insiders must have had a double-take moment of their own. Oh Noes! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?! The peoples are on to us!
Thank you weekend news, you gave me a lift.
Onward, mah babies.